Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

After a brief break from the cold weather in South Florida (yes, I used the words SOUTH FLORIDA & cold weather in the same sentence), it has once again reared it's ugly head. In some areas (slightly north of here) there were actually reports of freezing rain & flurries. This is something I haven't seen in my 2+ years down here & it's a first for SoFlo as well. Record breaking low temperatures in fact!

You see folks, in Florida, going outside & being able to see your breath is not something that occurs very often (ok, not at all), however this morning, low & behold, as I stepped out onto my terrace, I saw my breath. This made me think 2 things:

  1. Ok, I'm not being a sissy. It IS flipping cold out! &
  2. OMG, it could actually snow (I didn't look at the weather reports of said snow until after these thoughts, but I'm from CT so I know the tell-tale signs).

This is by far the strangest winter down here. I feel so bad for the northerners that came down for Christmas or just a vacation from the cold, only to find themselves ... well, in the cold.

I can't help but ask ...

Mother Nature?

If you're reading my blog (which I'm totally sure you are, because anyone who's anyone reads my blog) ... Could you please bring back the warm temperatures? Or at least give us one good, true snow so we feel like it was worth it? I mean, what are cold temperatures good for unless they produce some type of frozen precipitation? A little help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Oh, & please don't let this kill the flowers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP