"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed"

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The weather is starting to warm up, my blog layout is pretty much finished, running totally kicked my ass the other day & today is my day off.  What do I plan to do on my day off you ask (or you would if you were reading this & of course you are because my blog is just so incredibly-super-interesting, so who could resist reading it really?)?


First, more coffee.
Second, a nice long shower.
Third, the gym.
Fourth, ok - I didn't actually get that far yet, I do need to run out & get some milk though (exciting - I know!) ...

I am excited to get to the gym though.  I took yesterday off to rest so today I'll be walking a good 1/2 hour prior to running.  I'm really going to focus on my form because I've been doing some reading & I think I'm a major heel striker.  It's a bit controversial - some say it can/may cause injury & some insist that's absolutely untrue.  Additionally, I'm a sloppy runner so I'll be concentrating on maintaining not-so sloppy (lol) form as well.  I also plan to start out running a tad slower than I have been so I don't bonk 1/2 way through.  I had a hard time getting through my last run & I'm almost positive it was due to my running speed.

Oh & the saying that's the title of this post kept me going during that run so I wanted to share it.  It's an old Chinese saying (I'm not sure of the author) that I find to be simply amazing.  I found it to be such even prior to running & more so when I was fighting a mental/physical battle running & it rang as completely true.  I hope you like it too.

If anyone has any other quotes they'd like to share - please do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP