Fitting my exercise schedule into my day is proving to be not quite so easy ...

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

As I posted previously, I devised an exercise schedule to hold myself accountable so that I'm more apt to continue on the path towards being healthy ...

Well, it's proven to be quite difficult to stick to.  I find that I'm more often tweaking the schedule & making up missed days on other days than I am actually sticking to "said" schedule.  It's frustrating because I created the schedule to make life easier, but instead it's making it more cumbersome (& as I said frustrating) when I have to continuously alter it.

Why am I having difficulty sticking to the schedule, you ask?

My weekly schedule basically consists of 6 days of cardio (The Runner's World 8-Week Beginning Runner's Training Program) along with 3 days which yoga is also added in.  That only takes up about 30-60min/day to accomplish depending on the day.  Not so bad right?  Wrong.

I am helping my boyfriend with his company & our schedule is such that I have every other day "off".  On my scheduled days I put in 12-13 hours straight.  On my "off" days I need to be available to help out as well so ... it's near impossible to get my running in half the time (yoga I can do in the office while working).

I feel like I'm making excuses which is partly why I'm writing this blog post (to put my thoughts into words; if even for just myself to read & work through).  He & I talked about fitting exercise into our schedules & agreed that we would happily cover for the other should one of us need to exercise on an "on" day.  On occasion, I've asked him to do so for me but I feel like I'm being selfish because he never asks me to do so for him, nor does he typically take me up on the offer when I offer to do so for him (ok that's super wordy ..).

So I ask myself ... Self?

  • Am I just being foolish?
  • Should I feel like I'm being selfish about this?  
  • Am I really asking myself if I think I'm being selfish about something as important as my health & general well-being?  
  • Why should I feel selfish about doing something that's good for me just because he's not? 
  • (NR:  I totally just sneezed on my laptop screen.)
  • Is it bothering me more because he's not doing the same?  
  • Am I over-analyzing this?  
  • Why is the sky blue?  LoL ...
Ok, time for a brief break.  I'll come back to this.  Time to grab a cup of coffee.  I need to get off my butt & go run too.  I need to go early in the day so I'm available to help out later.  I'm so stressed out - I can't even go run without wondering if it's really a "good time" to do it.  What if he gets super busy & I'm not here to help & he gets all stressed out?

Right, I just remembered - that's why I run - to de-stress.  Ok, time for me to get changed & get outside.  I've been hitting the treadmill since I started this schedule/program -  but today - it's gorgeous out & I'm hitting the pavement.  I can't wait to feel the breeze & the sun on my face ... putting one foot in front of the other ... just me & the world God gave us ... doing what we were all built to do ... live life & love that we were given the freedom (the blessing) to do just that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP