Change to Blog Content

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hello folks! It's been a while since I have updated my blog and I have decided to make a temporary content change.

My intention is to research a much needed subject matter and to do so I need your help.

The topic of choice is Sleep Paralysis (SP) (also called Hallucinatory Sleep Paralysis or HSP or Isolated Sleep Paralysis or ISP).

If you have woken up to realize you can't move a muscle, can't talk and a terrifying cloud of fear envelopes you then I would like to hear about your experience.

SP can be an extremely frightening occurrence and unfortunately many people that experience it don't know what it is and worse - feel completely alone because they are afraid to share what has happened to them, for fear people will view them as "crazy". What we don't realize is that we are not alone and we can share our experiences and learn from each other. Not to mention the fact that SP is actually a completely normal part of our REM sleep cycle!

If you have experienced SP, please drop me line via my blog so we can get the word out about this frightening experience. With your help I will be able to provide accurate information and make it available to those who need it.

Should you need a clearer description or definition of SP, it is defined at MedicineNet.com as "A frightening form of paralysis that occurs when a person suddenly finds himself or herself unable to move for a few minutes, most often upon falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis is due to an ill-timed disconnection between the brain and the body."
Additional Symptoms (to name a few):
  • Hallucinations (Hypnagogic or Hypnopompic)
  • Sensation of an evil presense in the room sometimes leading to a choking sensation
  • Vibrations
  • Noises/Voices
  • Flashing lights
  • Smells
  • Feeling of intense fear or terror

SP is also often referred to as "The Old Hag" an "Incubus" or "Succubus".

I will post a reflection of one of my past experiences to get this started. Please feel free to add your 2 cents regarding it. I will also be adding further content to further expand the definition of SP.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP